Dooble Web Browser
Dooble 2019.02.25 is the latest software release.
Dooble 2017.11.05 was released on 2017.11.05 and is the first release of the next-generation Dooble Web Browser. The new release offers a totally-new Web-browsing experience.
Welcome to the 2019.02.15 release of Dooble. Corrections and new features are detailed below.
- --private command-line option. Thank you Trif Traf.
- Corrected removal of history items on change of credentials.
- Enabled QWebEngineSettings::FocusOnNavigationEnabled.
- Home URL. Please see Settings::Display. Thank you mva1985.
- Memory-lock key material via mlock(). Non-Windows only.
- New Settings::Privacy Private Mode. Thank you Trif Traf.
Welcome to the 2019.01.20 release of Dooble. Corrections and new features are detailed below.
- Additional confirmation prompts.
- Allow adding of URLs in Certificate Exceptions.
- Application locking via tab context menu. Thank you mva1985.
- Destroying private windows created from existing pages caused abnormal termination. Corrected.
- Detect stalled downloads.
- Hiding of individual location frames.
- Introduced DOOBLE_FREEBSD_WEBENGINE_MISMATCH. The WebEngine port's version on FreeBSD 11.x does not match Qt 5.11.x's version.
- New Info.plist file for Mac. Thank you ViktorMacUpdate.
- Optional closing of single tab. Please see Settings::Display.
- Page navigation through tab context menu.
- Prepare History icons upon populating table.
- Pretty tool tips.
- Qt 5.12.0.
- Removed incorrect logic in dooble_accepted_or_blocked_domains::slot_delete_selected_exceptions() with respect to hidden table items.
- Removed silly versions.
- Tab tool tips were lost upon moving tabs to new windows. Corrected.
Welcome to the 2018.09.20 release of Dooble. Corrections and new features are detailed below.
- New zoom shortcuts per request.
- QWebEngineView's layout is not necessarily a QStackedLayout. Corrected dooble_web_engine_page::certificateError().
- Qt 5.11.2.
- Replaced fixed iterations in AES.
- Software-based OpenGL for W32. Thank you Smooey.
Welcome to the 2018.07.04 release of Dooble. Corrections and new features are detailed below.
- Allow hiding of the location frame per tab page via tab context menu.
- Allow removal of unchecked cookie domains.
- Corrected words_to_bytes() in the Threefish implementation. Missing bitwise-and operation at the initial element.
- Disable Language option in Settings if the system's default language is English. Thank you anchev.
- New WebRTC option. Please see the Web panel of the Settings window. Qt 5.11 only.
- Qt 5.11.1.
- Reconnect QWebEngineCookieStore::cookieAdded() after count milliseconds upon initialization, where count is the number of processed cookies.
Welcome to the 2018.04.30 release of Dooble. Corrections and new features are detailed below.
- FreeBSD now supported.
- Optional Web images.
- Qt 5.9.x corrections. Tested with Qt 5.9.4.
- Removed jittery page completions. Caused by incorrect hiding of the tab bar.
- Unique, safely-generated, database names.
Welcome to the 2018.04.04 release of Dooble. Corrections and new features are detailed below.
- Avoid nested locks.
- Corrected authentication widget states.
- Features permissions.
- New Data/dooble_accepted_or_blocked_domains.txt.
- Remove malformed database entries during initialization processes.
Welcome to the 2018.03.20 release of Dooble. Corrections and new features are detailed below.
- Disable View Page Source context-menu item on Gopher pages.
- Inspect buffer boundaries in Gopher logic.
- Replace \r\n with <br> in Gopher text. Thank you arne-cl.
- Support high-DPI displays. On Mac and Windows, the attributes AA_EnableHighDpiScaling and AA_UseHighDpiPixmaps are permanently set. All other operating systems, please see dooble.sh. Thank you chocolatkey.
Welcome to the 2018.03.15 release of Dooble. Corrections and new features are detailed below.
- Common logic for creating database tables.
- Detect image formats in Gopher links (gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/1overbite/ss/Screenshots_during_development, gopher://gopher.quux.org/1Software/Gopher/screenshots).
- Initialize atomic variables.
- Purple Puppy. Dooble on Puppy Linux.
- Warn if the SQLite driver is not available.
Welcome to the 2018.03.03 release of Dooble. Corrections and new features are detailed below.
- Allow resetting of the User Agent widget.
- Ascending-order title sort of Favorites.
- Create database tables before attempting to access them.
- Do not attempt to read zero data into an icon stream.
- Do not store favicons in dooble_history.db.
- Fewer object locks.
- Gopher titles may be empty. Corrected Favorites.
- New documentation.
- Open tabs in new private windows via tab context menus.
- Qt 5.10.1.
Welcome to the 2018.01.25 release of Dooble. Corrections and new features are detailed below.
- Display the splash screen until containers have been populated.
- Drag-and-load links. Pages may be loaded by dragging links onto address widgets.
- New Data/dooble_accepted_or_blocked_domains.txt.
- Reload the current page if a blocking exception has been approved.
- Tab-key navigation on various table widgets.
Welcome to the 2018.01.15 release of Dooble. Corrections and new features are detailed below.
- New Orange theme.
- Remove artificial shortcuts from tabs. Some pages include ampersands in their titles.
- Retain Favorites dimensions.
- Signed Debian package.
Welcome to the 2018.01.10 release of Dooble. Corrections and new features are detailed below.
- Adjust QWebEngineView initial sizes.
- Corrected potential dereference of zero pointer (s variable) in threefish_decrypt_implementation().
- Corrected site icons in the address widget.
- Include portions of the Documentation directory in Debian and OS X packages.
- New context menu option in the History window.
- Prepare Favorites, History icons if pages have been deleted.
Welcome to the 2018.01.01 release of Dooble. Corrections and new features are detailed below.
- A Qt 5.10.0 release. Ten years of Dooble!
- Allow restarting of completed downloads. Qt 5.10 is required.
- Confirm removal of items from the Favorites dialog.
- Corrected highlighting of address widget text. Problem arose if an item from the address widget's completer model was selected.
- Corrected pinning of visible Downloads window.
- Custom highlighting of address-widget items.
- New database field download_path in dooble_downloads.db. The database dooble_downloads will be removed. Apologies.
- Open Favorites links in new tabs via Control modifier and double-click.
- Pause and resume downloads. Qt 5.10 is required.
- Private-window downloads are purged if parent profiles are destroyed. Corrected.
- Special OS X provision for https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-65184.
Welcome to the 2017.12.12 release of Dooble. Corrections and new features are detailed below.
- Avoid updating titles of Favorites. Visited sites may issue new titles.
- Corrected UTF-8 Favorites URL data. Icons were not properly initialized. URL processing lacked decoding logic.
- Corrected parents of separated pages. Problem causes abnormal termination.
- Corrected tab titles of pop-up windows.
- Date-order address-widget model. Also eliminated repetitive use of expensive method.
- Documentation corrections.
- New Dark theme.
- New Data/dooble_accepted_or_blocked_domains.txt.
- New Default theme.
- New option for allowing pop-ups from domain-based URLs.
- Observe QWebEnginePage::windowCloseRequested().
- Optional tool tips over hovered links.
- Override QWebEnginePage::chooseFiles(). The new implementation sets the file dialog's current working directory to the user's home path.
- Properly stack visited links in the address-widget model. Recent items must be placed onto the stack.
- Set QMAKE_LFLAGS_RELEASE += -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/dooble/Lib in dooble.pro for non-Mac and non-Windows.
- Set Section in DEBIAN/control to net.
- The Debian package was missing the Qt5Svg library. As a result, some icons in file dialogs were not drawn.
Welcome to the 2017.11.25 release of Dooble. Corrections and new features are detailed below.
- Additional database vacuuming.
- Certificate exceptions and private windows. Please read the official Dooble document for details.
- Corrected SQLite pragma statement.
- Corrected by-URL-host query in dooble_favicons::icon(). The query's bound parameter must be converted to Base-64.
- Corrected documentation.
- Corrected missing address-widget Favorites signal.
- Corrected retrieval of site icons.
- Decreased unnecessary file writes to dooble_settings.db with respect to Favorites sorting.
- If you're experiencing launch problems on Windows, please execute the bundled file vcredist_msvc2015_x86.exe.
- Improved loading of Favorites icons. Only the icons of items in the current view are loaded.
- Improved removal of voluminous cookie sets.
- Introduced SQLite indexes on the dooble_favicons database table.
- Load the correct URL after a certificate exception is accepted.
- Modified the populating of items in the History window's table. Instead of loading all icons, only the icons in the table's current view will be loaded.
- New Theme Color property. Please see the Display section of the Settings window.
- New Web site.
- New search mechanism in Favorites.
- Populating of history items is now performed in a separate thread.
- Qt products have been upgraded to version 5.9.3.
- Rapid loading of address-widget icons. Removed extra container.
- The Debian bundle now includes the dooble.desktop file.
Welcome to the 2017.11.11 release of Dooble. Corrections and new features are detailed below.
- Added ellipsis to the Decouple context menu item.
- Corrected ellipsis in the Certificate Exceptions menu item.
- Corrected potential dereference of zero pointer (s variable) in threefish_encrypt_implementation().
- Debian AMD64 package. The package was created on Linux Mint 18.2 and verified on Debian 9.2.1 and Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS.
- New Clear Visited Links within the Edit menu. If activated, contents of the local Visited Links file are removed.
- New Windows 7 files.
- Numerous documentation corrections and improvements.
- Optional Do Not Track.
- Optional WebGL. Global and per-page.
- Remove items from address widget models whenever counterparts are removed via the History window.
- Removed ellipsis from the Save menu item.
- Titles provided by Web sites are now limited to 1024 characters.
- URLs provided by Web sites are now limited to 2048 characters.
Welcome to the 2017.11.05 release of Dooble! Dooble 2017.11.05 is a brand new Web browser. New icons, new logic, new source, new themes. Everything is new! Let's take a brief tour of some of the new features.
- Authentically-encrypted database containers are included. The optional feature includes the popular cipher algorithms AES and Threefish as well as the fantastic SHA-3 digest algorithm. Please note that both implementations of AES and Threefish are written by the author(s) of Dooble.
- Automatic and periodic removal of cookie data may be of interest. This feature allows Dooble to purge unwanted cookie data from your browsing history.
- Beautiful dictionaries are included covering various languages. When enabled, spell checking is too.
- Built-in content blocker with accept and block modes of operation. This new addition will prevent advertising sites from polluting your browsing experience. The feature may also be used in a school setting where it's desired that only specific sites may be accessed.
- Completely redesigned! Most of the major operating systems are supported, including your favorite Unix-like systems as well as Windows. Wherever Qt and WebEngine are supported, so is Dooble!
- Dooble is highly-configurable software. The internal workings are clearly visible. Tool tips are included wherever confusion may arise.
- Dooble is open source software and includes a very relaxed BSD license.
- Proxy support is of course included. Whether you enjoy using a private proxy or a public proxy, Dooble is attentive to your privacy.
- Qt 5.9.x and newer are required! WebKit has been deprecated and WebEngine is now the preferred layout engine for rendering Web pages. Release 2017.11.05 includes Qt 5.9.2 libraries.
- Zero-dependency browser. The only entities that Dooble requires are Qt and you!